top of page

Goggomobil 200/400 Coupe

FACTS

1955 - 1969

CONSTRUCTION YEAR

Hans Ledwinka

DESIGNERS

2 cylinders

Two-stroke

395 cc

18hp

ENGINE

66,500

NUMBER OF PIECES

1968

Goggomobil 400 Coupe.jpg

STORY

At the IFMA 1957, Hans Glas not only presented a revised

Goggomobil Limousine, but also the brand new Goggomobil Coupé,

called TS like touring sport.

While Puch, Isetta & Co were putting pressure on the Goggo, the 250 remained popular with owners of small driving licenses. In 1964, the big innovation came: the doors were now hinged at the front rather than the back.

In 1966, BMW swallowed the glass factory, which was the beginning of the end

of the Goggo. In 1969, production was finally stopped.

PERSONAL STORY

The RRR-Goggo 250 Coupé is one of the founding fathers of the collection

and was purchased second-hand in Cologne in 1979.

It was already registered in this country before it was put on the road, and a corresponding 300 type certificate had come along just in time. 1982

The metal was cleaned of the brown plague by a professional and then repainted in the original sky blue. It was driven steadily over the years until a heart transplant was required in 1996.

So the 250, which was still a 300 on paper, became a very fast 400.

In the same cleaning, the floor slab was also glossed over, a

provided great service.

Nameplate and engine have 40 years

survived undercover and of course came along with the Goggo!

bottom of page